Saturday, April 10, 2010

Halfway point!

I can't believe it, but I've made it through twelve hours and I'm still energized and having fun!

Besides having fun, I'm using this Read-a-Thon as an opportunity to raise money and awareness for the Straight Spouse Network. So far, I've raised $100. If you would like to make a donation please put Dewey's Read-a-Thon in the comment field.

I haven't been reading the entire time - I've been taking breaks to participate in challenges and to post on this blog. For the next hour you won't be seeing me because I will be cheering on the other readers. Before I leave, here's my midpoint breakdown:

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
2. How many books have you read so far? Currently reading 4, but haven't finished any
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope, it worked out this time.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I have had interruptions, but I'm being flexible and not letting it stress me out.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How easy it's been to do this!!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No, things have been great!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Not sure yet, I'll know better at the end.
9. Are you getting tired yet? NOPE!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? No, I'm learning from the veterans.

Total Books: 4 (none fininshed)
Pages Since Last Post: 93
Mini-Challenges Completed: 6
Total Hours Reading: 7 1/2
Total Pages: 307

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read the best books first,
or you may not have a chance to read them at all.
~ Henry David Thoreau ~

Hope you're still going strong!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I adore The Lightning Thief. One of my favorite reads, one of my favorite series. I hope you like it, too!

The1stdaughter said...

You are doing amazing! Great job with the reading and with the mini-challenges! Also, great job with the fund-raising...so neat!
Keep going! You're doing wonderful!