Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

I had a great time participating in this year's Read-a-Thon. Thanks to everyone who organized the event, held mini-challenges, cheered and donated prizes!

I had hoped to get more reading done, but I have fun blogging, cheering and doing the challenges. That made me feel like I was part of an event and not so isolated.

1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Definitely 3 am hour... I didn't make it, but I did come back for the last hour!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? The Lightning Thief was great and the Chelsea Handler book was good for the late hours.

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? No, everyone did a great job!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved the hourly updates

5. How many books did you read? Didn't finish any books, but read from 5

6. What were the names of the books you read?
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver (audio)
A Family Man by Elinor Lipman (audio)

7. Which book did you enjoy most? To Kill A Mockingbird

8. Which did you enjoy least? Switch...it's a good book, but I waited too long for a non-fiction book

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I loved this year's HQ page - definitely keep that

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'll be here next time as a reader and a cheerleader!


Total Books: 5 (none finished)
Total Pages: 501
Total Mini-Challenges: 10
Total Hours Reading: 13
Total Hours Spent Cheerleading: 1
Total Hours Blogging and Doing Challenges: 5
Total Hours Breaking: 5 (3 1/2 hours of sleep - I had to work today!)
Total $$ Raised for the Straight Spouse Network: $100

Until next time!

2 comments:

Dreamybee said...

Thanks for cheering me on during the read-a-thon, and congratulations on your charity fundraising!

Anna said...

Congrats on your Read-a-Thon accomplishments, and thanks for stopping by my blog during the event!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric