Thursday, July 24, 2008

Relax and Reflect

I finally finished! I feel like I've learned a lot from this program and I would definitely take part in another one. I was familiar with some of the items, but a refresher is always helpful. My favorite discoveries were Overdrive, Hulu, and Google Earth. I have worked with RSS Feeds before, but after this program I realized that it's something I will use on a regular basis.

The biggest challenge for me was time. As a substitute librarian it is hard to complete an assignment once a week when you're not actually scheduled. My supervisor was very helpful and set aside time for me to catch up. I appreciated this greatly and it was refreshing to see the library take this program seriously. While I felt like the last assignments were somewhat of a blur, I know that I can take my experiences, apply them to my job and as a result, be a better librarian.

No comments: