Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Instant Messaging

I have dabbled with instant messaging, but I must admit I have resisted it and will continue to do so. Part of the problem is that I am a substitute librarian and I don't want to download an instant messaging program onto some one's computer. I don't have an instant messaging program on my computer at home because I just can't take another form of instant communication. I have voicemail, text messaging and seven different e-mail addresses. I feel like instant messaging will take me over the edge!

I have used instant messaging in a library setting. I used to do virtual reference and chatting was our mode of communication. It is a valuable tool and one that I would not resist in a work setting. But I am steering clear of it in my personal life. I need some time away from technology.

No comments: